Saturday, 18 May 10:00am - 1:00pm iCal | Google Calendar4953 Franklin Ave, Los Angeles, CA, 90027
Join us for a Walk for World Peace! Kadampa Meditation Center in Hollywood is hosting a fundraiser walk and we would love for you to be a part of it. Kadampa Mediation Center Hollywood is a non profit organization dedicated to helping people find happiness and meaning in their lives by applying the methods of Buddha’s teachings. We rely on the generous contributions of individuals to support our efforts at KMC-Hollywood and to help fund the International Temples Project (ITP).
The ITP was founded by Venerable Geshe Kelasang Gyatso with the aim of creating meditation centers worldwide, thereby helping individuals develop inner peace through the practice of meditation. In this way, the ITP serves the people of Los Angeles and we in turn are part of a global community dedicate to creating world peace.
You can help in any of the following ways:
- Register and participate in the walk for $35.00 – T-shirt and lunch provided
- Give a one time donation to the Center
- Raise money on Facebook by creating your own fundraiser
What to Expect:
- We will meet at KMC Hollywood at 10 am
- There will be a guided meditation with the Resident Teacher Gen Kelsang Rigpa
- Leave by 11am to walk to Griffith Park (approx 1.2 miles).
- At the end of the walk there will be a picnic lunch* to be enjoyed
**Please RSVP by May 8th to receive catered lunch and t-shirt
KMC Hollywood is a registered 501(c)(3) nonprofit, so all donations are tax-deductible.